Monday, January 12, 2009

"It's your choice."

We experience this in life. Sometimes things are not as rosy and comfy as we expect them to be. The differences in lifestyle, mindset, values etc. We ignore them when we hope that matters can proceed on in the most smooth-sailing fashion ever, but when they surface, we begin to realise the fundamental disparities.

I have a choice. I can choose to be happy, or not to be happy.

I try my best to make things work out. I tussle with old issues, unable to reach a resolution, I simply live with the issue. Like a thorn in the flesh, it throbs when someone accidentally pushes against it. Take out the thorn, it bleeds like hell; keep the thorn, and tolerate the pain.

I have a choice. I can choose to be happy, or not.

People do not respond the way I hope they'd respond. That is the way of life, nothing's perfect. Underneath that masquerade of friendship, I see selfishness, indifference and judgements. I know it's the way of life. Nothing's perfect.

I have a choice. Live with it, or go away.

Don't worry, I have no problem with picking first choices.

My favourite mistake.

No comments: