Friday, May 05, 2006

I haven’t been updating the blog lately due to an immense involvement with my Normal Tech kids. This is the exam week and I’ve been babysitting/tutoring/remediating many of their subjects, esp. Math.

I’m definitely more worried for them during this exam unlike previous years. It’s only barely another year to their N levels and they are still taking papers quite lightly. Believe me, if you’ve seen their academic standard, you would be gravely affected. Hence, all that nagging, scolding and monitoring.

I’m rather pleased with their Math Paper 2 today; looking on as I strolled past them while invigilating. All my days of hard work seem to have paid off a little. I’m expecting at least a 60% pass rate for that one.

The sweet scent of students willing to take the first step to put in time and effort in learning and later reaping the fruits of their labour is unbearably delicious. Yes, truly a rewarding experience for the 师傅 and 徒弟.

Don’t get me wrong, I didn’t reach to this stage in all smooth sailing glamour. Essentially, I had to risk increasing my chances of getting high blood pressure or cardiac arrest; scolding them harshly in a parental/paternal way can invoke pulsating gushes in your arteries.

And there’s still much work to do ahead.

I'm just so glad they are listening to me.

No comments: