Monday, November 06, 2006

钢琴五人组

I watched a piano recital with Michelle on Friday evening. It was a 5-piano ensemble recital, and I was rather impressed with the stage set-up. Repertoire was fine, a wide selection of genres; they only missed the classical period.

Every pianist had their page turners, that means 10 people on stage. Wonder how much the page turners get for doing stuff like this?

I'm never a avid fan of piano, not that the instrument doesn't impress or sound nice, but I'm perturbed or easily bored by the monotony of the tone. Fact is, I find the instrument's tone so homogenous over the registers that it numbs my ear rather quickly. Well anyway, after 1.5 hours of 5-piano sound, I was so pleasantly delighted when they ended one of their pieces/encore with 1 piano. And I'm starting to think solo piano sounds nice. Hahaha... or could be just a temporary figment of my imagination.

No comments: