Sunday, January 28, 2007

趣文

Excerpt from a blog "Madguitarist":
"I went to the GENUS concert today at LT13.They work magic. Seriously. They only practised for barely two weeks and every note that sounded was purely musical euphoria. I loved the Brandenburg Concerto No. 3 - Allegro by J.S. Bach, because I jolly well know that Bach's pieces are super insane to play on the guitar ( memories from the SYF back in SR *shudders* ) But they were so perfect! The running notes sounded clear, despite being played at the speed of the buzzing bee.Don't get me started on the Carmen Suite No. 1. It was like guitar music at it's peak. The Spanish strumming, the percussions, and the high pitched notes of the soprano guitar weave a melody that I've missed for very long. It's so nice. Nice is an understatement.YES PEOPLE! Go get the GENUS concert tickets! It's definitely worth your money.I loved it a lot. I think Fuzzy did too. We both bought tickets to catch their actual large scale concert with the full powered Ensemble."

Yet another excerpt:
"This evening attended Exxonmobil's Campus Concert again. This time round it's GENUS (NUS's Guitar Ensemble). If all you know about guitar is strumming and then singing a tune with it, you probably know very little about it - like me. The guitars were amazing! Never thought a guitar ensemble could sound so... sweet, pretty, tingling, exquisite, tiny, huge, loud... The only time before I heard a guitar ensemble was in AJ I think, and I don't exactly remember them.This man sat beside me in the concert. I was wondering if he'd start talking to me because he has that aura around him that whispers "I am a very vocal person and I will talk to you". True enough, he started talking to me, a little chat before the concert starts. I'm not very good at small talk, but he told me that he used to teach at SMU (he was a professor/lecturer) but don't anymore because it's very tiring, the class too large. He also said that he's there to watch because his son is in the ensemble and was the ex-president of it. So everytime he plays, they'll make an effort to attend his concerts. I thought that was really sweet .By the way, GENUS is made up of mainly alumni members and have only 3 undergraduates. They're also having their annual concert sometime in March and tickets cost only $9 or $11. There's also a 20% early bird discount if you get a ticket before 31st January. You might want to keep a lookout for it. Can't remember the date, sorry. Interested maybe can just tell me? I'll check it out for you.So if you haven't heard a guitar ensemble before, you might want to give it a shot!"

And from ACS(I) Guitar Orchestra:
Year2 to Year 6 (inclusive) Guitar Orch members are to note that we will be attending a GENUS (Guitar Ensemble of NUS) performance on Wednesday evening.Meet in Music Room 2 at 1815 hrs on 24th January 2007.Wear smart-casual home clothes or full school uniform (excluding tie).No need to bring anything.Should end around 2130 or 2200, transport back to school provided.Attendance will be taken.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you know the man with the vocal aura?

Thats my dad!

Leo