Monday, June 04, 2007

我的美丽星期天

Ok ok... I know I'm biased in my view point towards TPGC's standard.
Seriously, I really haven't heard them in a concert before! All the reference I have is :

1. Singapore Classical Guitar Society Meeting
This was way way way years back. Considering if Ruby actually went for it, I think it probably means I'm year 2 or year 3 then. There was a vivaldi number done by the club, was it the adagio only? oh I can't remember... but I'm sure there wasn't any seat-moving allegro for sure.

2. the Yamaha Guitar Competition which took place like 3 years back? It was some 10 member group doing a spanish number with a tremolo-ing beginning and later going on to some knocking. And oh yes, the trio who did the piazolla piece was good!

3. Recently, the sharing session with the Germany group at the community centre. Ok their kids are pretty decent I must say, and of course the 9 year old wonder-boy Kevin.

I'm hoping to catch them this coming Sunday, 10 June at Esplanade Concert Hall. The people who told Nam Leng they were focusing on symphony orchestras and wind bands for the Beautiful Sunday series. Odd isn't it.

Seems like the programme line-up includes La Cumparsita and Granada. My god! One is a all-time favourite in local Niibori repertoire, the other is one of Guitaresque's 招牌菜.
有没有创艺???

Guitar ensemble repertoire is really one kind in the local scene. Rarely do you get to hear things that are out of the "guitar norm". If you visit guitar concerts often enough, you've probably heard a trillion times, "Canon in D", "La Cumparsita" etc. etc. *yawn* really puts me to sleep, unless they are rendered in an extremely humourous or cacophonic style.

I bet Daddy is going to mention again that the kid is just 9 years old. Ha ha ha

No comments: