Friday, December 12, 2008

Xmas is coming!

Rehearsing with SWS has been a remarkable experience. They project very confidently and most of them are VERY VERY LOUD. I bruised my lip while trying to play to hear myself when the entire band plays in forte or fortissimo. The piccolo player is on my left and he plugs his own ear when he plays the piccolo.

During yesterday's rehearsal,
I asked him, "You plug your ears because the piccolo is loud?"
He answered, "Yes, the piccolo is too loud!"
My thoughts, "Huh??? Then don't play so loud!"
I answered him, "Yes, I should wear some plugs myself!"

I performed at St. George's Church with them for the first time. My debut performance on the oboe in a wind symphony. Had a few short solos, was pretty fun, and I had the tuning job too, which was rather scary at first.

The church was a nice place to play in, acoustics were good, not too wet nor dry.





Bible provided! Can't figure out what's the little box for though

From the side

From where I was seated


No comments: