Saturday, April 30, 2011

1st concert with winds and brasses

I felt rather good about the performance. It's like some milestone, having playing in
1. a cello concerto
2. with a world class soloist
3. with me on the guitar (with winds, brasses, percussion, double bass)

Frankly, I felt like I was playing some solo in the work as well; when the overall timbre of the guitar was so different from the winds, and not to mention that at several concertino spots with the soloist.

A rather positive experience, as it has strengthened my love for music and the guitar.
Interestingly, this is also the first time I performed on Guitar at the Esplanade. (Usually I just waving my hands; I think all my guitars friends have performed there many more times!)

Hope many more of these chances drop by.

No comments: