Tuesday, April 05, 2011

What a sickness can teach you

For future record. In 2011,

1st April (Fri): after downing a Mac Heaven & Earth Green Tea(served by mistake from an Ice Lemon Tea order), something fishy at the throat already. After NIE Band, yes, I could feel the on set of a sore throat.

2nd April(Sat): Sore throat confirmed, and pulsations of fever started in the early afternoon, which eventually culminated into semi-flu in the evening. That caused me a lot of money. Because I usually use good food to drown the unpleasant feeling of sickness.(and celebrations for Jin were on-going.) Mahjong session ensues with no delay or hesitation; and yes, 自摸 十三幺! Lovely 九万!

3rd April(Sun): As predicted, more or less nearing the full bloom of the entire viral festival. Yes, flu is on set, feverish, topped with a phlemy cough. I just hope that the mucus doesn't trickle into my wind instruments... Thank heavens, everything was smooth!

4th April(Mon): Smack right in the middle of the cycle, which is a fever, nasty cough and occasional flu. Costly sickness, broke my perfect score in a music theory test for not inverting a diminished chord in the morning. *Drats* Prof. literally said: "Not as perfect as the last time." "I'm gonna sit you out!", I thought as I left school. And I sat through it at the conference hall while pseudo-judging the bands that played. =)

5th April(Tues): No more fever, mild cough, and just a nasal voice due to a stuck nose. I think I've won! and tomorrow I'll be free and virally stronger for the rest of the year! Muahahahahha!

After-thought: I only felt the fever return to me after I finished performing Satyagraha.

Verdict: Music is miraculous.




No comments: