Friday, September 22, 2006

Majullah Expose!

2 months of rehearsal. Yes, it's finally done.

I had a good time performing at the concourse in the past 2 days. And I'm starting to get used to announcing pieces! I hope there weren't any of Mr. A's friends there... less they inform him that I dug myself a grave by saying he's got "better things to do" and hence left GENUS..... gosh.....

Malaguena and Nocturne were fantastic, Polovetsian Dances was good too, except that Alto 1 didn't seem to acknowledge the quavers in the melody very well. Some annoying rushing there. ZQ's pedal A note was marvellous. Spanish Coffee was fine, though could do better with a bit more tempo and spunk. The "enhanced" or actually "reduced" version of Zapin was more palatable in my opinion, addition of percussion and all, I personally liked the flavour. Sheba soloists were good, and with the help of the soloist mikes, they were able to play more dynamically. I think if we went a bit faster, it might have worked even better. Spirited Away shone during the 2nd night, beautifully crafted. As expected, In the Mood was the one to kena the most, perhaps more Jazz pieces in the future for the group then.

Well, let's hope we get a slot for Beautiful Sunday!

No comments: