Thursday, March 29, 2007

欢乐少年 Part 2

Astonishingly, he actually commented that the accordian was good. Ok, maybe I'm really prejudiced about the instrument sound and the interpretation done by the player. But, nah, the pieces were just acceptable and not all that astounding. I think the writer is a "full sound" freak(like myself perhaps), hence anything that produces tones which sustain goes well into his tummy. Probably why he imagines us to be strumming on stage. How annoying.

I really liked the part about the tugging of heart strings on "Io Che". Hahhaha... wonder if the tug is a ferocious one.

Mentioning about Mr A being "ahead of his time" sounded a little unpleasant to me. I can't help but feel that there's something cynical about that statement.

I guess it's a matter of taste. We'd be lucky if we get reviewed by someone who actually plays the instrument or has sufficient experience and knowledge to appreciate and assess the quality of the performance.

No comments: