Thursday, March 16, 2006

The young ones

1. During the meet parents session last Sat, one of my ex-students(B*s**) in Sec. 2 came to look for me and popped me a strange question. Yup, the ultimate one, "What's the meaning of life?". I discussed it briefly with him and he told me that he doesn't find much happiness in himself. And he's wondering if the others are as happy as they seem. I eventually asked him to find happiness within others, he seemed a little puzzled about what I talking about though...

2. My technical class has managed to get themselves into a chalet and invited me over for BBQ. I was very glad since FOR ONCE, they were independent and could get the show running. Usually, I'm the one picking up the scraps after them, which makes me furious. The chicken wings and chicken fillet they cooked for me was really goo too! Haha, which makes me wonder if they heading to SHATEC. heh heh... I was worried about their safety though, since some of them have really bad temper and I wasn't staying overnight in the chalet; well, in case they pick a fight becuase someone "funked with their hearts". I didn't get any calls since Tuesday, so it should be fine. I hope. An very warming feeling filled me when I was there at the chalet on Tuesday night; this is the 3rd year they have been with me and I'm starting to think they are starting to grow up.

3. My cousin gets on the phone every night and talks non-stop for about an hour or so. So much so that they can spend time debating whether another person would like go out or not, or "how much is the present?" etc. real trivial stuff. She's a bright kid, but if this is going to go on, I don't think she's even going to get close to SA JC. So I've decided to be the 黑脸. My mum usually is the 白脸, or rather the indulgent spy. Soon she's going to find me a nag, probably just like her teachers in school as well. Occupational hazard eh?

4. 16 year olds still yakking away in my class. Gave them a piece of my mind this morning. Bloody hell, come for remedial class and talk and talk. Already so weak in Physics and not even taking the extra time and effort to beef up a little. Mostly all from Chinese Orchestra, acting like aunties and ah sohs from Chinatown, gesticulating every moment of their lives.

I'm suffering from a streak of back/hip-aches as I'm typing this, somehow started coming on and off after my trip to MacLeHost, now exacerbated by the bowling session with Pa and cousin, which of course influenced my choice of the title to this entry.

Perhaps I really should visit the doc soon...

No comments: