Thursday, April 20, 2006

韩流

The food served on 大长今 looks awfully weird to me. Most of the dishes are tainted with floral colours and happy pastel like ornaments, looks like various renditions of sushi to me... but the names are a shade too vivid in description though; 内脏粥, oh please, all appetite is lost, especially if you've just watched Cannibal Holocaust. Why? well, in the movie, there's quite a bit of 内脏 being tossed around, uncooked of course.

I can't help but feel that 长今 is a little too motherly looking to be a 宫女. 韩尚宫 looks more like her sister than teacher actually. So when she gives that timid look whenever that irritating 崔尚宫 snaps at her, it just does work so well on scene.

Motherly face + timid look = WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the show, just happen to catch some bits and pieces here and there. The "Wu La La" song is quite nice. Though I have nudged Alex to arrange it, he didn't look a bit convinced. Well, just for fun lah.

The Korean costume seems to cover too much of their body till everyone (of the same gender)looks quite the same; though I realise the ladies then like to sit in the typical trishaw/rickshaw ah peh position. Would like to visit Korea actually, once I get over the phobia of eating 泡菜 every meal. Not to mention their language as well. The ads make the place look like a perfect place for a romantic getaway, at the filming sites of 冬季恋歌 and all that trauma drama. Perhaps not that auspicious afterall...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ls... its not 'Wu La La' ... its 'Onara' (오나라), meaning 'come'. Since the palace maids belong to the King and cannot marry, they sing this song for good luck, hoping that one day the King may come and notice them. The song very nice hor. I also think Alex should go and arrange a Dae Jang Geum Medley or something. :p Anyway, Lee Young Ae very pretty what...

Owls said...

Yup, the song is nice!

Can see that you are a avid fan.

Dae Jang Geum medley, haha nice nice. you got the soundtrack???

Anonymous said...

hmm...

the "pao cai" is delicious for a food-picky person like me. I was converted when i visited Korea.

However, those "pao cai" version in Singapo is thumbs down.

OG

Anonymous said...

Got... its Alex send me one... muahahaha... Michelle also got. You want?

Owls said...

Yes yes. Help me burn one copy? or download?

Anonymous said...

keke... i help u burn. ^^