Thursday, December 07, 2006

摸索

A sudden surge of energy to learn hairdressing.

I recall I had this interest when I was doing my National Service. That was a period where I had plenty of time to spare, taking up guitar was one of them.

During August, when I accompanied my students to do their NT electives, I was also particularly keen in their hair-styling workshop. My students were quite impatient to learn and I had to opportunity to try out on the dolly heads when they take their break. The instructors commented that I'm a fast learner!

Recently, I've just sent/sponsored a student to do a hairdressing course, since he told me he's interested in picking up this skill(for livelihood or not, I don't know). I've went for the briefing and found myself also interested. Reluctant at first, considering my schedule during school days. But now, somehow I'm starting to convince myself it may just work out. Perhaps a career change, who knows?

I'm blogging this down because I'm going to bed soon. And sleeping always helps me make decisions.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My hairdresser (who's in his 40s) earn like $10K a month. Rich enough to own 2 expensively furnished apartments, wear branded stuff, go on holidays and keep a bf. Not a bad paying job!

Anonymous said...

michelle said,"...(who's in his 40s)..., go on holidays and keep a bf..".

Not a typo rite?

orr.. i see! So that's why you commented (separately) that male hairdresser tend to be somewhat... different. :P

Anonymous said...

Yes Mich....but what about the 99% of the other hairdressers who earn less than Owl?

And HE keeping a BF, of course can spend like no tomorrow lah....no need to worry about children what!