Friday, December 08, 2006

一悲一喜

I've been visiting my uncle at his place.

He's now all rags and bones, turned completely yellow due to liver failure, unable to speak and literally bed-ridden.

I touched him and I cried, as much as I tried not to.

My aunt whispered to him, like an piece of joyous update.
"Kevin 去学剪头发."

Actually, I told my mum, my aunts and uncles and my cousin about it this evening.
What I expected was some immediate traditional response; "you are thinking of changing job?", "Why you go and learn this type of thing?", "Hairdressers are all ah-guas and sissy." etc.

What I recieved was such warmth. I've been booked by my cousin to do free colouring for her, my mum wants me to do up my aunt's hair; and she doesn't mind getting hers permed once I've learned something decent. My cousin reminded me to keep her on top of the list, and not dump her for my girlfriend.

Even in the state which my uncle is in, I'm sure he'll be supportive of it as well. I hope he hears it and is happy that her daughter is getting free colouring and perms.

No comments: