Friday, December 08, 2006

First day!

Phew... I stood for a hefty 6 to 7 hours today. literally.

Well, what did I get done? Some basic sectioning skills, blow drying techniques.
In a certain sense, it's quite like music. Practice!
My first hair drying took me about 1 hour plus, inclusive of the sectioning and managing of long and tangled dry hair(which definitely got me a little irritated).
My 2nd try was better! 30 minutes! and hopefully it gets better.

The teachers are friendly and my classmates are very young. Min age: 13
Some of them already know I'm a school teacher and have Math and Science questions for me.
One of the hairdressing teachers asked me if I'm fierce in school. I must have appeared quite docile. You say leh? Ask my student loh!

As of now, Hairdressing is really very HANDS-ON and I must admit that I feel a little thrown off from this learning pattern at first, coming from a more academic background. Oh well, I guess I'll get use to it in time.

1 comment:

Wai said...

Haha! So fun! :)