Saturday, December 17, 2005

Dragon Inn

I'm encased in a little hostel in Mong Kok(Wang Jiao). It's really a pity that the original acclaimed network access in the room has turned out to be confined to the hostel manager's main office. Hence, I am here watching Korean farmers wallop Hong kong police on TV while typing this.

The climate here resembles that of Taiwan in march, minus the rain. Well, the part I dread most is obviously bathing, no doubt the hostel has kindly provided a heater.

Trekking in Hong Kong is really quite different from tropical counterparts. most of the paths are all paved, some even with road lamps. You never need to grab any helpful twig or sturdy root to yank yourself up a 1.2 metre step, no bashing through plants as well. It's quite like a walk in a park. Except, this park is really huge and LONG.

On the 1st day, we did around 23km of hiking and my feet was badly petrified in shock, refusing to move faster when urged by its owner to rush for the door closing subway train. It's really quite weird since the highest point trekked on the first day is merely 300m in altitude. I commented to my hike mates that Ophir was SIGNIFICANTLY easier, even if it means heading to the summit in one go without stopping to camp.

Photos are not going to be up unless i find someway to connect my laptop to the internet. unfortunately i forgot to bring my thumbdrive here, else you guys will be able to look at some HK terrain, and my tiny dragon inn room. defintely beats Shuhann's hostel experience in Japan!

How's the music camp? I hope everyone's enjoying!

P.S. Tried to post in chinese, but the hostel comp hangs whenever i try to activate the chinese words...

No comments: