Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Final fantasy VII medley

I'm working on a game medley even when I am painstakingly trying to complete as much of the remaining MacLeHost Trail as my knee will possibly allow. Really I gotta reserve some for the trip to Krakatoa. Anyway, Chengru told me that the ascend is probably gonna be only 200m, since the volcanoe blow up itself many years back.

I'm having doubts if some parts of the medley will turn out ok. Well, guitar is afterall not the best instrument to play game music, what's more I've included 2 pieces of boss fights. hmmm...

Discarded the idea of re-writing my original Capriccio Espagnol for small ensemble, quite a colossial piece to re-structure. I also think it's about Gelato's standard or higher, which means that there probably will be bloodbath at the reading sessions.

FF VII will probably be a 8 min (or more) piece, judging from the number of pieces I wanna throw in. (Have the guys even read Farandole yet?!?!) Maybe I'm a bit overly-enthusiastic about this small ensemble. Anyway, I'm glad some of the guys liked the pieces, makes my time spent worth the while at least.

I probably will convert Pictures at an Exhibition over to small ensemble as well. May cause even more bloodshed when they read Tuileries or Baba yaga...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I demand Tifa's theme! Yes just came back from the practice, went through all 3 piece albeit very slowly and not really what you would call excellent playing.

Btw if you need scores or midi of any of the FF VII songs email lah.

Wai said...

Sigh. Gelato is quite painful to watch. I think watching Genus trying to play anything rhythmical is painful lah.. I'm really enjoying our sessions though. Can't wait to try something new. :)

北海道的大黑熊 said...

yeah, agree that gelato generally taste much better than it's sounding now ... think this mini-ensemble is getting not-so-mini. :P

hey! Tifa's is a must! Aeris's too! And also Sephiroth, highwind... hahahaha

Anonymous said...

To Shu Hann: Sephiroth? Hahaha...then we have to sing! I can add the electric guitar part for the Advent Children version!

Wai: It's not painful lah, you were spared the tortuous rhythmic nightmare of former years... right?