Monday, February 06, 2006

Contemplation

I was actually getting ready to arrange Capriol Suite for EXPOSE actually; after hearing a nice orchestral version with guitar solo from Wai's mp3 player on our trip to Krakatau. Now it seems like many of the members wouldn't be too pleased to play Capriol Suite again in small ensemble practices. Perhaps I should put that on hold, though I'd like to do one arrangement of it myself since I don't think Dominic has done the piece right by just simply giving the violin scores to the altos and transposing the lower voices. Think there's much potential to be explored in the piece.

Anyway, Queen of Sheba is nearly done and I sure hope Sibelius wouldn't crash unto me once again while I attempt to click the save button.

So what's next on the menu?

2 comments:

北海道的大黑熊 said...

got a suggestion for name, rather than the nice..but rather suggestive name "EXPOSE" :P hahaha.. ( though i must say i love the sleazy bit. heh!)

we can call ourselves N-gage! (Niibori GENUS Alumni Guitar Ensemble)

Anonymous said...

Hoho...I don't mind playing Capiol if the arrangement is nice. I like the song but I really cannot enjoy playing it straight from the orchestra score. >_<