Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Theory of Relativity

Tuesday is always my most gruelling day at school. I have endure 4.5 hours of guitar teaching to students, managing enthusiasm and indifference at the same time. I'm learning to focus on those teachable ones, the rest whom prefer not to pick up a life skill, I give up on them. Piang eh... too "xiong" to make sure everyone gets something out of the lesson. 吐血...

Which leads me to think that the only other one who's benefited(besides my very own patience) in this Tuesday crisis is none other than the participants of the weekly Tuesday GENUS extra sectionals. In this week's episode, I was honoured to have Chiok Yen solo for me. Armed with his wonderous idealogy that by not practising at home, he can learn to sight-read better during ensemble, he came and I sat through 1 hour plus with him, stopping and waiting for him to get his so-called sight-reading act together. Once again, Basse-Danse was quite impossible to flow through without him stopping at double notes, Bransles was probably half-plodded through at Andante. Seriously, he's another one who's gotta count his lucky stars in the year of the dog.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

aint that e ability of sightreading only comes with lots of practice on his/her own, NOT through the ensemble session, under e "auspices" of DOrmy??